1. Notice:

Please note that the forum is now highly moderated, short, meaningless posts will be removed with out notice, please make some effort when replying and creating new threads.

Difference between search engine & meta search engine

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by rakib, Mar 24, 2007.

1. rakib Member

rakib
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Need to know the difference between search engine & meta search engine. I am little bit confused in this regard. If anyone has clear concept regarding this matter, please post this reply.
  2. Similar Threads: Difference between
    Forum Title Date
    Search Engine Optimisation What is difference between HTTP & HTTPS Oct 7, 2014
    Search Engine Optimisation What is the difference between https and http? Aug 23, 2014
    Google What is difference between Popularity and authority? Apr 3, 2014
    Search Engine Optimisation what is the difference between bounce rate and exit rate? Nov 28, 2013
    Search Engine Optimisation what Difference between Dynamic and static pages? Nov 22, 2013

3. temi Facilitator

temi
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    Rakib,
    Search engine usually have their own database of sites they craw and list in their database, for example Google, Yahoo, Ask.
    Meta Search Engines usually do not have their own database of crawled sites, they search the databases of real search engines, usually many search engines at the same time, and provide you results. So a meta search engine will give you results from say Yahoo and Google, some meta search engines do have database of sites submitted to them. Example of a meta search engine is DogPile.
    temi,
  4. rakib Member

rakib
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Temi for prompt reply. Temi, can you guide If I launch a meta search engine, where I can got a quality script & suitable web hosting?
  5. temi Facilitator

temi
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
  6. Mxhub New Member

Mxhub
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    meta tag is useless now.. what search engine want is content.
  7. temi Facilitator

temi
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    MxHub, I am not sure I completely agree with you on meta tags being completely useless, it still plays a role
    temi,